Video Marketing Trends To Look Out For In 2017
March 21, 2017
A lot has changed in recent years, so it’s more important than ever to keep up with marketing trends.
One undeniable marketing trend that is here to stay is the growing popularity of video marketing.
- online video accounts for 74% of all online traffic
- 55% of people watch videos online every day
- 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video
- 54% of senior executives share work-related videos with colleagues weekly
- 4X as many customers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it
- almost 50% of Internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store
Numbers don’t lie.
If you would like to take your business to the next level, strongly consider implementing a video marketing strategy.
Here are a few video marketing trends we are forecasting for 2017…
1. More websites and sales pages will have videos
More business website homepages, sales pages, and landing pages are going to incorporate video in the year to come.
It’s long been known that web pages with videos hold a viewer’s attention longer than a web page without video. In fact, according to Insivia’s report, people spend on average 2.6 times more time on pages with video than without.
This is easy to understand – video content is easy to digest, more able to appeal to the senses, and is more likely to resonate and strike an emotional chord with a viewer than written content or images.
Not only do videos hold people’s attention, they convert viewers into clients. According to the Insivia report, having a video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by a whopping 80 percent.
2. More emails will include videos
With the growing popularity of email marketing, we are going to see an increase in the number of videos being incorporated into business emails.
Incredibly, just having the word, “video” in the subject line of your business email will improve your open rate by 19 percent (according to the Insivia report).
Email marketing is an effective way to reach and stay in contact with your target audience, and adding video to your business emails will super-charge your efforts.
3. Businesses will use more social media videos
Social media platforms, such as Facebook, are increasingly making it easier for their users to watch videos.
These social media giants obviously recognize the allure and great potential of video as a marketing tool.
Uploading videos to your company’s Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram accounts will not only greatly improve your presence on social media but in many cases if your content is good, you will also be rewarded with higher rankings and visibility as well.
And you definitely don’t want to miss out on all the potential eyeballs social media has to offer. According to the Insivia report:
- 500 million people are watching videos on Facebook every day
- 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week
- 8 out of 10, 18-to-49-year-olds watch YouTube in an average month
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter.
YouTube in particular is a video marketing force in its own league. YouTube already boasts over a billion users – that’s almost a third of ALL the people on the Internet. And it’s growing every day.
It’s no surprise that 48% of marketers plan to add YouTube to their content strategy in the next year.
First and foremost, YouTube is a powerful search engine. It is second only to Google, and it is in fact owned by Google.
In other words, uploading business videos to YouTube will improve your company’s SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and your business will rank higher in searches.
Basically, what this means is if someone is searching Google or some other search engine for your business (or a business that does what you do) they will have a better chance of finding you, all thanks to YouTube.
4. Businesses will get more strategic with video marketing
We expect to see an increase in marketing budgets being devoted specifically to video production.
According to the Insivia report…
- 43% of people want to see more video content from marketers
- 52% of marketers believe that video is effective for brand awareness
- 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI (Return On Investment)
- marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
The thing is, now that we’re seeing more and more marketing videos out there, the time has come when businesses need to be more strategic if they want to stand out from the rest.
Rather than produce a single video haphazardly whenever the occasion arises, it’s time for companies to sit down and plan out a series of videos – possibly ongoing content – in order to keep their audience engaged over the long-term.
5. Consumer expectations will rise
As can be expected, as marketing videos become more prevalent, people’s expectations are increasing as well.
Simply having a business video isn’t enough anymore. Your audience expects you to have a video. And they expect it to be really good.
After all, attention spans are decreasing, and if you don’t want your audience to look away, you’d better make sure your marketing videos offer real value to your intended target demographic.
According to the Insivia report:
- 65% of video viewers watch more than ¾ of a video
- Almost 50% of internet users look for videos related to a product or service before visiting a store
- 4 out of 5 consumers believe that demo videos are helpful
- Online shoppers who view demo videos are 1.81x more likely to purchase than non-viewers
- 4x as many customer would rather watch a video about a product than read about it
- Nearly two-thirds of consumers prefer video under 60 seconds
Remember, having a poorly produced video can be more harmful to your brand than having no video, so put serious thought into your video marketing strategy and invest wisely in a professional video production team.
If you are in the Pittsburgh area and looking for a production company to shoot your business video, contact Josh Birt at Josh Birt Media Productions today. We can travel to other states as well.